During this project, you and your group will research a Body System. There are two parts that need to be completed for this project: 1. Google Slides Presentation and 2. Educational Activity or Game.
1. Googles Slides Presentation: You and your group will create a Google Slides presentation. You can use as many slides as you need to, but you MUST cover all of the material.
Your Google Slides presentation must include:
- an explanation of what your Body System is responsible for in the body
- main points about your Body System
- pictures/clipart of your Body System
- system analysis of your Body System (see System Analysis box in next column)
- Venn Diagram sheet of your Body System (see Venn Diagram box in next column) ______________/45 points
One interesting fact shared per person about your Body System on it's own sheet. ______________/ 5 points
Copies distributed to class, minimum 10 vocabulary words and accurate definitions. ______________/10 points
Copies distributed to class, accurately completed with class during presentation, point out and discuss major organs of your Body System. ______________/10 points
Demonstrate on torso how Body System funtions:
Point out major organs of your Body System and explain how they work. ______________/ 5 points
Demonstrate working model:
Share model of your body system and demonstrate how your model works to show a function of the system. ______________/10 points
Question and answer:
Answer questions about your Body System from the audience. ______________/ 5 points
Preparation and creativity:
Well-rehearsed and prepared for presentation, took presentation seriously, creative presentation,
kept audience interested and involved in presentation, effort put into presentation is evident. ______________/10 points
TOTAL: ____________/100 points
2. Educational Activity or Game: You and your group will create an educational activity or game about your system that the class can do. No crosswords, word searches, etc. The activity or game must be more creative than that and everyone in class must participate. You need to make copies of everything needed for your activity or game for everyone in the class. You may make these copies at school.
TOTAL: ____________/100 points
System Analysis - Required for Google Slides Presentation
System Analysis: The System Analysis will be presented as part of your Goggle Slides presentation.
Your group needs to first explain the purpose of your Body System, the parts of your Body System, and the function of each part.
The group needs to describe how the parts of your Body System affect one another.
Your group needs to remove one essential organ/part from yourr system and hypothesize what wil happen as a result of this change.
The group will need to research and approximate how the removal of the organ/part from their system will ultimately affect the body.
When writing a conclusion to your hypothesis, the group must support/reject their conclusion with evidence from their research.
Students will be expected to set up a hypothesis, conduct research, analyze data/research and write an evidenced baesd conclusion using the scientific method.
We think that the removal of the heart from the circulatory system would cause it to fail.
We think that the removal of the brain from the nervous system would cause it to fail.
We think the circulatory system could function without the spleen.
We think that the circulatory system could function with only one kidney.
Human Body - Britannica Image Quest
Venn Diagram Instruction - Required for Google Slides Presentation
Using a Venn Digram, your group needs to identify the similarities and differences of two systems. Students may choose any of the 6 systems discussed in class. Groups need to write a one paragraph summary of their findings from their Venn Diagram. In the circle on the left, put information about the first Body System the group choose. In the circle on the right put information about the Second Body system the group choose. The group should put the similarities of the systems in the area where the two circles overlap. The Venn Diagram should represent one slide of the Goggle Slides presentation.