Your assignment is to research an invention. You will use guiding questions and a graphic organizer to guide your thinking and reading. This research guide is your starting place for information about the project.
Think carefully about keywords you will use in your searches.
You must use, in this order:
1. Encyclopedia Britannica Online
2. World Book Online
3. if you need more information, search for your invention in Nettrekker
4. if you need more information, search for your invention in Discovery Education
5. and if you need more information, search for your invention in Sweet Search
6. There are some recommended websites for certain inventsions on this research guide as well.
7. Please use Britannica Image Quest for images if you need them.
Here are your assignment documents:
Please ask if you have questions!
Search an encyclopedia:
Nettrekker Search Engine for School
Sweet Search: A Search Engine for Students
History of Ironing
Early Electric Ironing
Child Car Seat
The Evolution of Kids Car Seats
Boy Invents EZ Baby Saver
Eli Whitney, The Eli Whitney Museum and Workshop
Cotton Gin and Eli Whitney, History.com
Cotton and African-American Life, Social Change and National Development, US History Online
Eyeglasses through the Ages
Lighting a Revolution, Smithsonian Institute, American History Museum
Library of Congress
World's First Photograph, National Geographic
Daguerreotypes, Library of Congress
A History of Steamboats, US Army Corps of Engineers
Steam Engine Railroad
Inside a Locomotive, Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania,
Video Game (Electronic Game)
Video Game History Timeline from the Strong Museum of Play
PBS History of Video Games